- 20 min prep
- 10 min cook
- 4 people
- 1 pkg Sunrise Soft Tofu (Western Canada) (300g) blended
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 2 large red bell peppers, roasted whole
- 4 medium tomatoes, roasted whole
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 2 cups Low sodium vegetable broth
- ½ cup almond butter
- ¾ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 1½ tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat the oven broiler to 450°F or low setting.
- In a large bowl toss together olive oil, garlic cloves, bell peppers and tomatoes. Pour onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper and broil/roast in oven for 4 minutes or until skin starts to blacken, then rotate and continue to broil until all sides are slightly blackened. Remove from oven, allow to cool enough to handle then peel the skins off the peppers and tomatoes.
- Once peeled place into a blender with broth, almond butter, spices, red pepper flakes, lemon juice and tofu, pulse until smooth.
- Pour soup into a medium pot and bring to a boil then reduce heat to simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve with toasted bread or croutons. Refrigerate leftovers, use within 5 days.
As per one serving size ()