- 15 min prep
- 30 min cook
- 6 people
- 3 tubes Mandarin Egg Tube Tofu (245g) sliced
- 75 mL (1/3 cup) water
- 2 heads broccoli, cut into florets
- pinch of salt
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) corn starch for dusting
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) cooking oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 15 mL (1 Tbsp) ginger, grated
- 500 mL (2 cups) shimeji mushrooms, ends chopped off
- 15 mL (1 Tbsp) abalone sauce
- SEASONING INGREDIENTS
- 15 mL (1 Tbsp) light soy sauce
- 15 mL (1 Tbsp) Chinese cooking wine
- 5 mL (1 tsp) salt
- 1 mL (1/4 tsp) sugar
- Heat Wok on medium heat and add water. Add broccoli florets and a pinch of salt. Stirring constantly, let cook until water is almost evaporated and cover on low heat. Remove cover after approximately 1 minute or until broccoli is cooked.
- Remove broccoli from Wok and arrange on the sides of a large serving dish. Clean the Wok to remove any broccoli traces.
- Dust the egg tofu slices with corn starch. Heat Wok on medium heat. Add 30 mL (2 Tbsp) of cooking oil. Gently add in the tofu slices and pan-fry for about 1 minute or until golden brown on both sides. Remove from Wok and gently place on the same platter as the broccoli, stacking them in the middle of the serving plate.
- Clean the Wok again and add the rest of the cooking oil. Turn heat to low and sauté the garlic and ginger. Once aromatic, (be careful not to burn the garlic), add in the seasoning sauces ingredients. Stir and add shimeji mushrooms. Turn heat up again and cook until mushrooms are soft. Do a taste test and add more soy sauce or salt if desired. Pour the shimeji mushrooms sauce on top of tofu slices.
- Serve hot and with rice.
Calories: 320gFat: 20gSaturated Fat: 3.5gCholesterol: 350mgSodium: 1020mgCarbohydrate: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 15gVitamin C: 2%Calcium: 6%Iron: 15%
As per one serving size ()