- 10 min prep
- 45 min cook
- 12 people
- 1 pkg (300g) Sunrise Traditional Sweetened Tofu Dessert(2x150g)
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) margarine (room temperature)
- 185 mL (3/4 cup) sugar
- 10 mL (2 tsp) lemon zest
- 5 mL (1 tsp) fresh lemon juice
- 23 mL (1 1/2 Tbsp) matcha powder
- 10 mL (2 tsp) baking powder
- 1 mL (1/4 tsp) salt
- 435 mL (1 3/4 cup) flour*
- Preheat oven to 175ºC (350°F).
- In a medium bowl, use a mixer to cream the margarine and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add tofu, lemon zest and lemon juice. Mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine the matcha powder, baking powder, salt and flour. Mix well.
- Slowly add the flour mixture into the tofu mixture and mix until well combined.
- Pour cake batter into a greased 8x8 pan. Bake for about 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- *NOTE: Replace all flour with 250 mL (1 cup) white flour and 185 mL (3/4 cup) whole wheat flour, if desired
Calories: 150Fat: 1gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 159mgCarbohydrate: 2gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 1%Vitamin C: 1%Calcium: 2%Iron: 1%
As per one serving size (13g)