- 20 min prep
- 15 min cook
- 8 scones people
- 1/2 pkg Sunrise Soft Tofu (Western Canada) (300g) blended
- 500 mL (2 cups) all-purpose flour, sifted
- 15 mL (1 Tbsp) baking powder
- 1 mL (1/4 tsp) baking soda
- 5 mL (1 tsp) salt salt
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) frozen butter
- 22 mL (1 1/2 Tbsp) cold water
- 1 fresh jalapeno, seeded, thinly chopped
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) cheddar or soy cheese, grated
- 60 mL (1/3 cup) cornmeal
- Preheat oven to 215° C (425°F). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. With a pastry blender or with blender at slow speed, grate frozen butter into mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a small bowl, mix Sunrise Soft Tofu and water until blended. With a fork, or with the blender at slow speed, stir tofu mixture into flour mixture. The dough will be a soft sticky consistency. Add more water if necessary.
- Add the jalapeno and cheese into the dough, mixing until combined
- On a lightly floured surface, lightly knead dough 6-8 times. Divide dough in half. Shape dough into a circle and cut into 4 wedges. Repeat with remaining half.
- Press bottoms of dough in cornmeal before baking. Place on baking sheets about 4 cm apart.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from baking sheets. Serve warm with margarine.
Calories: 230Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2.5g+ Trans: 1gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 570mgCarbohydrate: 30gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 7gVitamin A: 8%Vitamin C: 2%Calcium: 15%Iron: 15%
As per one serving size (79g)