- 10 min prep
- 15 min cook
- 6 people
- 2 tubes Sunrise Silken Tube Tofu (400g) sliced into rounds
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ medium yellow onion, sliced thinly
- 30 mL (2 Tbsp) Korean chili paste
- 15 mL (1 Tbsp) vegetable oil
- 500 mL (2 cups) lean beef or pork, thinly sliced
- 500 mL (2 cups) peeled shrimp (optional)
- 375 mL (1 1/2 cups) cabbage Kimchi, coarsely chopped
- 1,000 mL (4 cups) vegetable stock, fish stock or water
- 15 mL (1 Tbsp) soy sauce
- 2 green onion, finely sliced
- 2 eggs
- In a medium-sized soup pot, sauté garlic, onion and Korean Chili paste in the vegetable oil for 5 minutes. Be careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add in the sliced meat, seafood (if desired) and Kimchi. Cook for 1 minute. Add desired stock or water and soy sauce. Bring pot to a boil.
- Carefully add soft tofu and gently stir soup contents so that tofu is heated through. Once soup returns to a simmer, take pot off of heat and add green onions.
- Carefully crack in eggs and quickly swirl into soup. Serve immediately with rice.
Calories: 63Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 18mgCarbohydrate: 1gProtein: 2gVitamin C: 1%
As per one serving size (379g)