- 10 min prep
- 65 min cook
- 24 people
- 185 mL (3/4 cup) Sunrise Soft Tofu (Eastern Canada) (300g)
- 75 mL (1/3 cup) vegetable oil
- 250 mL (1 cup) sugar
- 5 mL (1 tsp) vanilla extract
- 30 mL (2 Tbsp) lemon zest
- 45 mL (3 Tbsp) lemon juice
- 875 mL (3 1/2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 5 mL (1 tsp) baking powder
- 5 mL (1 tsp) baking soda
- 2 mL (1/2 tsp) salt
- 375 mL (1 1/2 cups) chopped almonds
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) dried cranberries (optional)
- Preheat oven to 190° C (375°F).
- In a blender or mixer, blend the oil, sugar, tofu, vanilla, lemon zest and lemon juice. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, almonds and optional dried cranberries. Mix well.
- Slowly stir wet mixture into dry mixture until a soft, sticky dough forms. Transfer the dough onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Divide the dough in half. Form each half into a log, approximately 12” long and 1” thick. Bake for 25 minutes or until the bottoms are just starting to brown.
- Remove logs from the oven and let them cool for 10 minutes. Slice logs on a diagonal into 12 1-inch slices.
- Lower the oven temperature to 150°C (300°F).
- Put the cookies back on the baking sheet with the cut side up and bake for 20 minutes. Flip cookies over and bake on the other side for another 20 minutes. Bake longer for a crunchier cookie if desired. Allow cookies to cool completely on a wire rack before serving.
Calories: 160Fat: 6gSodium: 115mgCarbohydrate: 24gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 3gVitamin C: 2%Calcium: 4%Iron: 6%
As per one serving size (42g)