- 25 min prep
- 55 min cook
- 12 people
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) Sunrise Soft Tofu (Western Canada) (300g)
- CRUST INGREDIENTS
- 250 mL (1 cup) flour (optional: half whole wheat flour and half regular flour)
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) butter or margarine (room temperature)
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) icing sugar
- FILLING INGREDIENTS
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- 22 mL (1 ½ Tbsp) grated lemon zest
- 75 mL (1/3 cup) fresh lemon juice
- 1 mL (1/4 tsp) baking powder
- 30 mL (2 Tbsp) flour
- 30 mL (2 Tbsp) icing sugar for dusting at the end
- CRUST DIRECTIONS:
- Preheat oven to 175ºC (350°F).
- Blend together flour, butter and icing sugar. Gently press into greased 8x8 square pan.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until the edges are golden.
- FILLING DIRECTIONS:
- In a food processor or blender, blend together tofu, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, baking powder, and flour until well incorporated.
- Pour onto baked crust and bake for 25 to 30 minutes (or until filling sets). Allow to cool completely before dusting with icing sugar. Cut into squares to serve.
Calories: 160Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 4mgCarbohydrate: 21gSugar: 13gProtein: 2gVitamin A: 7%Vitamin C: 6%Calcium: 2%Iron: 3%
As per one serving size (47g)