- 20 min prep
- 20 min cook
- 4 people
- 1 pkg Sunrise Extra Firm Tofu (350g) cubed
- 30 mL (2 Tbsp) oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped finely
- 30 mL (2 Tbsp) ginger, finely chopped
- 1 green chili, chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) fresh mint
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) cilantro, tightly packed
- 1 mL (1/4 tsp) black cumin
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 bay leaf
- 5 mL (1 tsp) cardamom
- 1 mL (1/4 tsp) turmeric
- 750 mL (3 cups) frozen peas
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) water
- chili pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) plain yogurt
- 45 mL (3 Tbsp) heavy cream
- 5 mL (1 tsp) garam masala
- In a medium sized pan, heat 15 mL (1Tbsp.) of oil over medium heat. Fry cubed tofu until browned on all sides. Set aside.
- In the same pan, add onions and stir for 1 minute. Add in the ginger, garlic and green chilies. Sauté until onions are cooked and have a nice caramelized color. Remove from heat, and allow the onions to cool down.
- In a blender, combine the onion mixture, cilantro and mint and blend until smooth consistency.
- In another pan, heat the remaining oil and add black cumin. Sauté until fragrant. Add cinnamon stick, bay leaf and cardamom. Sauté for another 30 seconds.
- Add turmeric and onion mixture to the pan. Sauté until combined and add in the green peas.
- Mix well and add in water, red chili powder and salt. Cover and cook until the peas are tender (approx. 5-7 minutes).
- Add tofu cubes and stir into mixture. In a small bowl, combine yogurt, heavy cream and garam masala. Lower heat and add yogurt mixture, mix well. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Serve hot with chapatis or rice.
Calories: 390Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 4.5gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 270mgCarbohydrate: 30gFiber: 9gSugar: 10gProtein: 22gVitamin A: 60%Vitamin C: 80%Calcium: 25%Iron: 25%
As per one serving size (328g)