- 10 min prep
- 25 min cook
- 8 people
- 1pkg (350g) Soyganic Firm Tofu (350g) crumbled
- 30 mL (2 Tbsp) olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into half rounds
- 1 eggplant, halved lengthwise and cut into half rounds
- 5 mL (1 tsp) turmeric
- 10 mL (2 tsp) paprika
- 10 mL (2 tsp) coriander
- 1 mL (1/4 tsp) cinnamon
- 250 mL (1 cup) tomato sauce
- 185 mL (3/4 cup) harrissa (chili pepper paste)
- 10 mL (2 tsp) salt
- 250 mL (1 cup) fresh parsley, finely chopped (optional)
- On medium heat, heat oil in a large Dutch oven or pot.
- On high heat, cook garlic and onions until translucent. Be careful not to burn the garlic. Add the red pepper and zucchini and cook for another 3 minutes. Add in the eggplant and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Stir in the turmeric, paprika, coriander and cinnamon until well mixed. Add the crumbled tofu, tomato sauce, harissa and salt. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat. Garnish with parsley if desired. Serve with brown or white rice and enjoy.
Calories: 211Saturated Fat: 1gSodium: 1679mgCarbohydrate: 23gFiber: 5gSugar: 13gProtein: 8gVitamin A: 22%Vitamin C: 23%Calcium: 25%Iron: 10%
As per one serving size (132g)