- 5 min prep
- 12 min cook
- 2 people
- 1 pkg Sunrise Medium Firm Tofu (454g) cubed into 1 inch cubes
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) hot water
- 2 mL (1/2 tsp) dashi (bonito flavored seasoning)
- 2 mL (1/2 tsp) fresh ginger, grated
- 7 mL (1/2 Tbsp) sriracha hot chili sauce (optional)
- 1 stem green onion, sliced for garnish
- 15 mL (1 Tbsp) nori (dried seaweed), shredded *optional for garnish
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) corn starch
- 30 mL (2 Tbsp) oil
- In a small bowl, mix sauce ingredients together except for the green onion and nori. Set aside.
- Over medium-high heat, heat oil in a non-stick frying pan.
- Dry the cubed tofu. Coat each tofu cube with corn starch, shaking off any excess starch.
- Place tofu in frying pan and fry tofu for 3 minutes on each side until crisp and golden brown.
- Place in a deep serving plate and pour sauce mixture on top. To finish, garnish with green onion and nori (if desired).
Calories: 131gFat: 3gSaturated Fat: 0gSodium: 22mgCarbohydrate: 22gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 5gVitamin A: 8%Vitamin C: 12%Calcium: 16%Iron: 19%
As per one serving size (102g)