- 5 min prep
- 35 min cook
- 6 people
- 1 pkg Sunrise Extra Firm Tofu (350g) crumbled
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 large carrot, roughly chopped
- 2 stalks celery, roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- 30 mL (2 Tbsp) olive oil
- 1 can (156mL) tomato paste
- 1 can (680mL) large can tomato puree
- 2 bay leaves
- 15 mL (1 Tbsp) dried basil
- 15 mL (1 Tbsp) dried oregano
- In a food processor, puree onion, carrots, celery, and garlic into a coarse paste.
- In a large pan over medium high heat, coat pan with oil. Add the pureed vegetables and cook until all the juices have evaporated and vegetables have softened, stirring frequently, approximately 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add the crumbled tofu and cook for another 10 minutes. Then, add the tomato paste and cook about 2 to 3 minutes. To finish the sauce, add tomato puree and dried herbs and for 5 minutes, constantly stirring.
- Serve hot over cooked pasta.
Calories: 260gFat: 11gSaturated Fat: 2gSodium: 310mgCarbohydrate: 28gFiber: 6gSugar: 14gProtein: 13gVitamin A: 190%Vitamin C: 45%Calcium: 15%Iron: 25%
As per one serving size (331g)