- 20 min prep
- 20 min cook
- 6 people
- 1 pkg (210g) Soyganic Smoked Tofu Original (210g) diced
- 540 mL can (2 cups) whole kernel corn, drained
- 250 mL (1 cup) heavy cream
- 15 mL (1 Tbsp) butter
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic gloves, minced
- 3-4 medium carrots, diced
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 white potato, diced
- 1 litre (4 cups) vegetable broth
- 250 mL (1 cup) Old cheddar, grated
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, use a hand blender to blend 1 cup of corn with the cream and half the Smoked tofu. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter and cook the onions and the garlic for one minute. Add the carrots, thyme and remaining Smoked tofu. Cook for 5 more minutes.
- Pour in the vegetable broth. Add the remaining corn, the potatoes, and the cream mixture. Mix well. Simmer over low heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cheddar and stir well to melt the cheese. Finish with cayenne pepper. Serve with crusty bread.
Calories: 280Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 710mgCarbohydrate: 18gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 13gVitamin A: 40%Vitamin C: 10%Calcium: 25%Iron: 10%
As per one serving size (328g)