- 20 min prep
- 5 min cook
- 4 people
- 1pkg (210g) Soyganic Smoked Tofu Sriracha Flavoured (210g)
- 15 mL (1 Tbsp) vegetable oil
- 1 fresh baguette, sliced into sandwich sized portions
- 60 mL (4 Tbsp) mayonnaise
- 15 mL (1 Tbsp) Sriracha sauce
- 3-4 cilantro sprigs, per sandwich
- PICKED VEGETABLES
- 1 small daikon, julienned
- 1 small carrots, julienned
- 1/2 small cucumber, de-seeded & julienned
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) white wine vinegar
- 5 mL (1 tsp) sugar
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) rice vinegar
- 5 mL (1 tsp) salt
- TOFU MARINADE
- 15 mL (1 Tbsp) olive oil
- 30 mL (2 Tbsp) soy sauce
- Juice & zest of 1/2 a lime
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 mL (1/2 tsp) ginger, minced
- Place daikon, carrots and cucumbers in a medium jar with white wine vinegar, rice vinegar, sugar and salt. If the liquids don’t cover the veggies, add 2 Tbsp of water and more vinegar if necessary (the amount you need will depend on the size of your jar). Let chill for at least 1 hour, or store in the fridge for at least a week.
- Slice the tofu into approx. ½” thick slices. Place on a towel and gently pat dry to remove excess water. In a small bowl, whisk together tofu marinade ingredients.
- Place tofu in a shallow pan and pour the marinade over top. Let the tofu marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- In a nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown the tofu pieces for 2-3 minutes on each side until they are deeply golden brown and caramelized around the edges. Remove pan from heat.
- In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise and Sriracha sauce to create Sriracha mayo. Assemble sandwiches with Sriracha mayo followed by seared tofu slices, pickled veggies, and cilantro. Serve immediately.
Calories: 730Fat: 27gCholesterol: 10 mgSodium: 2100 mgCarbohydrate: 95gProtein: 26gCalcium: 15%Iron: 50%
As per one serving size (372g)