- 20 min prep
- 15 min cook
- 4 people
- 8 slices Soyganic Smoked Tofu Sriracha Flavoured (210g) sliced 1/4" thick
- 5 mL (1 tsp) vinegar
- 8 eggs
- 3 mL (1/2 tsp) olive oil
- 4 English muffins, split & toasted
- HOLLANDAISE SAUCE
- 2 egg yolks
- 60 g (1/4 cup) cold butter, cubed
- 10 mL (2 tsp) lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt
- HOLLANDAISE SAUCE: Bring a small sauce pan of water to a barely simmering boil. Place a small metal bowl over the saucepan. Add egg yolks with 2 Tbsp of water to the metal bowl and whisk together until slightly thickened (about 2 minutes).
- Whisk in the butter, one cube at a time, until sauce thickens (about 3-5 minutes). Remove saucepan from heat, keeping metal bowl over top the saucepan.
- Whisk in lemon juice and salt. Be sure to whisk sauce occasionally to prevent skin from forming.
- SMOKED TOFU EGGS BENEDICT: In large saucepan, heat 3 inches of water with vinegar over medium heat until simmering. Crack eggs individually into a small bowl. Gently slide each egg into simmering water. Poach until egg white is set and yolk is soft (about 4 minutes).
- In a skillet or sauté pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Sear tofu, turning once, until heated through (5 minutes). Place one slice of the seared tofu on each muffin half. Top with poached egg and hollandaise sauce.
Calories: 510Fat: 31gCholesterol: 560mgSodium: 610mgCarbohydrate: 32gProtein: 30gCalcium: 35%Iron: 30%
As per one serving size (239g)