- 10 min prep
- 20 min cook
- 6 people
- 1/2pkg (350g) Sunrise Extra Firm Tofu (350g) mashed
- 6 large tomatoes
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) warm cooked rice
- 1 small red bell pepper, finely diced
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) parmesan cheese, grated
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) pesto sauce
- 5 mL (1 tsp.) fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of Pepper
- Preheat oven to 175ºC (350°F).
- Cut off top of each tomato and scoop out the pulp.
- Dice the tomato pulp and add to a medium sized bowl. Mix in the remaining ingredients until well combined.
- Tightly pack each of hollow tomatoes with the stuffing mixture. Place stuffed tomatoes onto a lined baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the tomatoes have softened.
Calories: 204Fat: 11gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 211mgCarbohydrate: 14gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 14gVitamin A: 33%Vitamin C: 43%Calcium: 18%Iron: 15%
As per one serving size (114g)