- 15 min prep
- 15 min cook
- 4 people
- 1 pkg Sunrise Flavoured Dried Tofu (280g) julienned
- 1 cucumber, seeded and julienned
- 2 carrots, peeled and coarsely grated
- 1 bunch, 1/2 bunch, respectively cilantro or thai basil leaves
- 1 pack thin vermicelli noodles, boiled, drained, cooled
- 12 rice paper spring roll skins
- 1 head leaf lettuce
- DIPPING INGREDIENTS
- 45 mL (3 Tbsp.) hoisin sauce
- 125 (1/2 cup) peanut butter
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) water
- 30 mL (2 Tbsp.) lime juice
- In a small bowl, mix dipping sauce ingredients together and set aside. Boil several cups of water.
- Pour the boiled water into a shallow baking dish so it is ½ inch deep, allow 5 minutes to cool.
- Carefully, one at a time, dip the entire spring roll skin into the warm water, shaking off any excess water.
- Immediately place the skin on a large cutting board and wait about 30 seconds for the skins to soften.
- Arrange some ingredients in the center of the paper, forming a row down the middle. Leave space on either side of the row for folding.
- Fold in the sides of the skin inwards, then fold over the flap closest to you around the ingredient pile. Roll the skin up to make a tight wrap.
- Cut each roll in half and serve alongside peanut hoisin dipping sauce. Repeat steps 3-7 for desired amount of salad rolls.
Calories: 604gFat: 22gSaturated Fat: 4gSodium: 764mgCarbohydrate: 79gFiber: 8gSugar: 12gProtein: 27gVitamin A: 412%Vitamin C: 47%Calcium: 36%Iron: 31%
As per one serving size (490g)