- 10 min prep
- 20 min cook
- 4 people
- 1pkg (350g) Sunrise Extra Firm Tofu (350g)
- 30 mL (2 Tbsp) oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 15 mL (1 Tbsp) fresh ginger, minced
- ¼ medium onion, sliced
- 30 mL (2 Tbsp) fish sauce
- 30 mL (2 Tbsp) green curry paste
- 1 long eggplant, cut into 4 sections, each cut into 4 strips
- 1 – 227 mL can sliced bamboo shoots
- 250 mL (1 cup) white button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 – 165 mL can coconut milk
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) fresh Thai basil or cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 30 mL (2 Tbsp) chopped cilantro or basil for garnish (optional)
- 1 lime, sliced into fours (optional)
- Drain tofu and cut into 12 evenly-sized cubes. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan. Over medium high heat, sauté garlic, ginger and onions. Be careful not to burn garlic.
- Add in tofu and fish sauce, browning each side of the tofu.
- Add the green curry paste and gently mix until well combined. Add the eggplant and allow to cook for 3- 5 minutes.
- Stir in bamboo shoots and mushrooms. Cover and cook for 3 minutes. Stir in coconut milk and heat until contents are simmering.
- Take pot off the heat and stir in chopped basil or cilantro. *Optional: garnish with chopped cilantro or basil and slice of lime for each serving.
- Serve with rice.
Calories: 361Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 13gSodium: 891mgCarbohydrate: 15gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 18gVitamin A: 3%Vitamin C: 18%Calcium: 14%Iron: 30%
As per one serving size (202g)