- 15min prep
- 20min cook
- 4-6 people
- 1pkg (350g) Sunrise Extra Firm Tofu (350g) cut into 1” cubes
- 30 mL (2 Tbsp) vegetable oil
- 15 mL (1 Tbsp) shallots or onions, chopped
- 1 Japanese eggplant, cut into 2” long narrow strips
- 30 mL (2 Tbsp.) red curry paste
- 10 mL (2 tsp.) fresh ginger, minced
- 1-400 mL can coconut milk
- 30 mL (2 Tbsp) fish sauce
- 7 mL (1/2 Tbsp) brown sugar
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 Kaffir lime leaves, sliced very thinly or 15 mL (1 Tbsp) grated lime zest
- 8-10 Thai basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- Heat a large heavy skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat until hot. Add oil, shallots, tofu and eggplant. Stir-fry until eggplant is tender.
- Add curry paste, ginger and coconut milk. Stir and bring to a boil for 1 minute.
- Add fish sauce and sugar. Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Add peppers and kaffir lime leaves (or lime zest). Toss gently, lower heat and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add basil leaves and cook until basil leaves begin to wilt. Serve immediately with steamed rice or cooked rice noodles.
Calories: 310Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 13gSodium: 520mgCarbohydrate: 16gFiber: 6gSugar: 6gProtein: 12gVitamin A: 8%Vitamin C: 110%Calcium: 15%Iron: 35%
As per one serving size (283g)