- 10 min prep
- 20 min cook
- 4 people
- 1 pkg Sunrise Medium Firm Tofu (454g) mashed
- 15 mL (1 Tbsp) oil
- 2 mL (1/2 tsp) cumin seeds
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 mL (1/4 tsp) turmeric powder
- 5 mL (1 tsp) ginger, minced
- 5 mL (1 tsp) garlic, minced
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- 2 mL (1/2 tsp) cumin powder
- 2 mL (1/2 tsp) red chili powder
- 2 mL (1/2 tsp) chaat masala
- 2 mL (1/2 tsp) garam masala
- 5 mL (1 tsp) coriander powder
- salt to taste
- cilantro for garnish
- In a medium pan, heat oil on medium heat. Add cumin seeds and sauté until fragrant. Add onions, turmeric powder, ginger and garlic. Sauté for 1-2 min until onions are translucent.
- Add tomatoes and green chilies. Cook for 2-3 min until tomatoes are soft.
- Add cumin powder, red chili powder, chaat masala, garam masala, coriander powder and salt. Combine with mixture and cook for 1 min.
- Add mashed tofu and mix until tofu is well coated.
- Cover and allow the tofu to heat through and brown. Garnish with cilantro and serve hot with rotis or chapati.
Calories: 160gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1.5gSodium: 300mgCarbohydrate: 8gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 12gVitamin A: 15%Vitamin C: 60%Calcium: 20%Iron: 10%
As per one serving size (223g)