- 15 min prep
- 1 hour cook
- 6-8 people
- 1 package Soyganic Medium Firm Tofu (454g) cubed
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil, divided
- 4 Carrots, diced
- 2 small Onions, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ Butternut squash, cubed (Approx. 2 cups)
- 2 cups split red lentils, rinsed
- 900 mL vegetable broth
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 3.5 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp Garam masala
- 1 tsp salt & pepper, each
- 1 can diced tomatoes (28oz)
- 200 mL coconut milk
- 1 bunch of cilantro, chopped
- In a large saucepan, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil and cook onion and carrots on medium heat for about 5 minutes until onions are translucent.
- Add garlic and stir for another 3 minutes.
- Add squash, lentils, spices, broth and bring to a boil. Simmer for about 20 minutes.
- In a non-stick frying pan, fry tofu in 1 tbsp of olive oil until browned on all sides.
- Add tofu and canned tomatoes, with liquid, into pot and cook everything for another 10 minutes until lentils and squash are cooked.
- Stir in coconut milk and cilantro, serve and enjoy!
As per one serving size ()