- 5 min prep
- 15 min cook
- 1-2 people
- 1 pkg Sunrise Extra Firm Tofu (350g) sliced
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 125 mL (½ cup) cornstarch
- AIOLI INGREDIENTS
- 125 mL (½ cup) mayonnaise
- 15 mL (1 Tbsp) soy sauce
- 1 mL (1/4 tsp) sesame oil
- Slice tofu into ¾ inch sticks.
- Fill oil to about 1/3 of a medium pot. Heat to 175° C (350°F). Meanwhile, line a baking tray with paper towel.
- Place corn starch in a shallow bowl or plate. Coat tofu with cornstarch and gently place in oil. Separate tofu pieces carefully as they are cooking to prevent sticking.
- Once golden brown, remove fried tofu from oil and place on paper towel-lined baking tray. Season with salt while tofu is still hot and repeat with remaining pieces.
- Place all aioli ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Calories: 890gFat: 73gSaturated Fat: 7gSodium: 30mgCarbohydrate: 33gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 26gVitamin A: 2%Calcium: 25%Iron: 25%
As per one serving size (236g)