- 25 min prep
- 25 min cook
- 4 people
- 1 pkg Sunrise Fried Tofu (300g) cubed
- 227 g Pad thai noodles
- 3 Eggs, beaten
- 10 mL (2 tsp.) garlic, minced
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) carrots, julienned/grated
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) cilantro, chopped
- 500 mL (2 cups) bean sprouts
- 1/2 green onion stem, diced
- 30-45 mL (2-3 Tbsp) cooking oil
- SAUCE INGREDIENTS
- 30 mL (2 Tbsp.) Tamarind paste
- 75 mL (1/3 cup) brown sugar
- 90 mL (6 Tbsp.) fish sauce
- 15 mL (1 Tbsp.) sriracha chili (to taste)
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) water or vegetable broth
- 30 mL (2 Tbsp.) soya sauce
- 75 mL (1/3 cup) ketchup to taste
- 1 mL (1/4 tsp.) pepper
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) peanuts, chopped and roasted (optional garnish)
- Soak pad thai noodles in a bowl of warm water for 25-30 minutes, or until limp but still too firm to eat.
- Drain and rinse noodles with cold water. Place in a bowl and cover with a dampened paper towel to avoid hardening.
- In a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Stir well to dissolve the paste and sugar. Set aside.
- Warm a wok over medium-high heat. Add 15-30 mL (1-2 Tbsp.) of oil, green onions and garlic. Stir-fry until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the tofu and stir-fry for 2 minutes, then add carrots.
- Move ingredients to the side of the wok and add 30 mL (2 Tbsp.) to the center of the wok. Add beaten eggs and stir-fry briefly to scramble.
- Add the drained noodles and 1/3 of the sauce.
- Stir-fry everything together for 1-2 minutes. Keep adding sauce and stir-fry for 3-6 minutes until sauce is absorbed and noodles are soft but chewy.
- Turn off heat and add the bean sprouts and cilantro. Place dish and garnish with peanuts if desired.
Calories: 422gFat: 18gSaturated Fat: 2gSodium: 2827mgCarbohydrate: 54gFiber: 5gSugar: 31gProtein: 16gVitamin A: 73%Vitamin C: 22%Calcium: 21%Iron: 19%
As per one serving size (302g)