- 15 min prep
- 40 min cook
- 4 people
- 1 pkg Sunrise Extra Firm Tofu (350g) sliced
- 2 Tbsp basil pesto
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 250 mL (1 cup) Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 500 mL (2 cups) tomato sauce
- 30 mL (2 Tbsp) vegetable oil (for frying)
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) parmesan cheese, grated
- Slice tofu lengthwise into ½ inch slices. Place in dish with pesto and oil, cover, refrigerate 8hrs or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 175ºC (350°F).
- In a large frying pan heat oil on medium high heat.
- Dip each piece into beaten eggs then into seasoned bread crumbs.
- Carefully place tofu slices in the hot pan and pan fry both sides until golden brown on both sides.
- Add 125 mL (1/2 cup) tomato sauce to 9” baking dish. Place tofu slices evenly over sauce, slightly overlapping if needed.
- Top with remaining tomato sauce. Then top with parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Serve with green salad and a slice of whole wheat garlic toast. Enjoy!
Calories: 460Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 6g+ Trans: 0gCholesterol: 100mgSodium: 1570mg Carbohydrate: 36gFiber: 4gSugar: 13gProtein: 25gVitamin A: 10%Vitamin C: 4%Calcium: 30%Iron: 30%
As per one serving size (294g)