- 10 mins prep
- 10 mins cook
- 4-6 people
- 1 pkg Sunrise Medium Firm Tofu (454g) dried and crumbled
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium tomato, cut into chunks
- 1 clove fresh garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red finger chili chopped
- 3 whole spring onions, chopped
- ½ tsp. turmeric
- 3 avocados, mashed
- 6 slices sprouted grain bread
- micro sprouts of your choice for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- Remove tofu from package, wrap in 3-4 sheets paper towel, put on a large plate and place a heavy pan or bowl on top to squeeze out any excess moisture. After 10 minutes, change the paper towel and repeat, drying out the tofu as much as possible.
- Using a fork, crumble tofu to resemble scrambled egg and set aside.
- In a large fry pan on medium heat, add oil, onions, tomatoes, chili and garlic. Sautee until tender, then add crumbled tofu and toss gently. Add turmeric and salt and pepper. Correct seasoning to taste.
- Place bread into a toaster and while you wait, mash up the avocados. Divide avocado between the four slices of toast, spreading evenly. Top with Spicy Tofu Scramble and sprinkle with your favorite micro sprouts before serving.
Calories: 380Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 3g+ Trans: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 15mgCarbohydrate: 37gFiber: 11gSugar: 11gProtein: 16gVitamin A: 10%Vitamin C: 45%Calcium: 15%Iron: 20%
As per one serving size (276g)