- 10 mins prep
- 20 mins cook
- 6 people
- 1 pkg Sunrise Medium Firm Tofu (454g) cubed into 1-inch pieces
- 1.5 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1” chunk of ginger, sliced into thirds
- 1 stalk lemongrass, bruised & chopped into thirds
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar/brown sugar/cane sugar
- 2 Thai red chili, cut thinly (remove seeds depending how spicy you like it)
- 6 kaffir lime leaves, sliced thinly
- 4 cups coconut milk
- 2 cups chicken/vegetable broth
- 3 tbsp fish sauce (or soy sauce if vegetarian/vegan)
- 10 white mushrooms, halved
- 1 Japanese long eggplant, cut into 1” pieces
- 1 cup green beans, cut into 1” lengths
- In a large pot with a lid, heat the oil on med-high heat for a couple of minutes.
- Add in shallot, ginger, lemongrass and stir for about 2 minutes.
- Next add sugar, chilies and kaffir lime leaves and stir for another minute.
- Then add into the pot the coconut milk, broth, fish sauce, mushrooms, eggplant and cover with lid bringing it to a boil.
- Reduce heat to lower and simmer for 5 minutes before adding in the green beans and tofu.
- Turn heat up to medium and bring it to another boil and turn down heat and cook until the green beans have turned a brighter green (around 2-5 minutes).
- Serve with steamed rice or vermicelli rice noodles topped with chopped cilantro and a squeeze of lime.
As per one serving size ()