- 40 mins prep
- 20 mins cook
- 16 pies people
- 1 pkg Sunrise Extra Firm Tofu (350g) crumbled
- 4 medium onions, diced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large celery stalk, diced
- 2 garlic garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. ground sage
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1tsp. black pepper
- 2 tbsp. dried parsley flakes
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg
- 3 tsp. water or milk for egg wash, if desired
- 2 boxes 4 sheets of puff pastry, or refrigerated dough, rolled and cut into 5” circles
- Preheat oven to 400F, if baking right away. The filling can be made a day or two in advance and kept in the fridge.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil on medium-high heat. Sauté onions, celery and garlic for 10min., add in cloves, nutmeg and sage, cook additional 5min.
- In a food processor, pulse tofu until it is a coarse crumble, add to skillet; add in salt, pepper, parsley, balsamic vinegar and Worcestershire sauce, mix well on low heat for 3min. Remove from heat; pour into a large mixing bowl to cool about 15-20min.
- At this point you can refrigerate filling for later use, or if baking right away, continue onto next step.
- On lightly floured work surface, roll out dough, cut into 5” circles, reroll remaining dough for more circles. Spoon about 2 tbsp of filling on half of each round. Fold in half and press edges together with fingers or fork to seal.
- Whisk egg with water or milk in a small bowl, brush tops of prepared pies.
- Bake for 15-20min or until golden brown. Cool 10min. on wire rack. Once completely cool, store leftovers in refrigerator, or freeze for later use. Reheat in oven at 350F for 15min.
Calories: 180Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1g+ Trans: 0gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 460mgCarbohydrate: 27gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 7gCalcium: 15%Potassium: 10%Vitamine D: 8%Vitamine D: 0%
As per one serving size (160g)