- 25 min prep
- 20 cook
- 8 people
- 1 pkg Sunrise Extra Firm Tofu (350g) crumbled
- 2 Tbsp (30mL) olive oil
- 1 (2 cup) large onion, diced
- 2 (1 cup) carrots, grated
- 1 large bell pepper, finely dieced
- 1 tsp (5mL) dried oregano
- 1 tsp (5mL) dried basil
- 1 tsp (5mL) dried dill
- 2/3 cup (150mL) walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup (250mL) bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp (30mL) tahini
- 2 tbsp (30mL) light miso
- 2 tbsp (30mL) soy sauce
- 2 tbsp (30mL) dijon mustard
- Heat oil in a large frying pan. Sauté onions, carrots, peppers, oregano, basil and dill for 5-7 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Crumble drained tofu in a large mixing bowl. Stir in chopped walnuts, bread crumbs, tahini, miso, soy sauce and mustard. Add cooked vegetables and mix well.
- Preheat oven to 200ºC (400ºF). Generously oil a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Form patties approximately the size of your palm, form 8 patties by hand and place on the baking sheet 2 inches apart. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the patties are firm and browned.
- Serve with a hamburger bun and your favorite condiments.
Calories: 270Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 2g + Trans: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 910mgCarbohydrate: 19gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 12gVitamin A: 30%Vitamin C: 35%Calcium: 10%Iron: 15%
As per one serving size (137g)