- 15 min prep
- 25 min cook
- 4 people
- 1 pkg Sunrise Soft Tofu (Western Canada) (300g) blended
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, cut into ¾“ diced cubes and steamed
- 2 tbsp vegan butter or margarine
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp mustard powder
- pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- ⅓ cup nutritional yeast
- 1½ tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1-2 tbsp almond milk (add more if needed)
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 16 oz Scoobi Doo, Elbow or pasta of choice
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta according to directions on package.
- Place a steamer basket inside a large pot and fill with 1” of water. Place sweet potatoes in basket and bring to a boil, cover and steam until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add cooked sweet potato and tofu to a blender, pulse until smooth.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, melt margarine, stir in spices, heat for 30 seconds then add the pureed tofu and sweet potatoes, mix well and gently warm.
- Stir in lemon juice, nutritional yeast, salt and just enough almond milk to adjust to desired consistency. Continue to heat for 5 minutes. If desired, puree sauce a second time for an ultra-smooth, creamy sauce.
- Pour over prepared noodles and serve immediately. Garnish as desired with paprika, chili flakes or fresh cracked pepper.
As per one serving size ()