- 30 min prep
- 10 min cook
- 6-7 meatballs per 5 people
- 1 pkg Soyganic Extra Firm Tofu (350g) mixed
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp mirin
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup whole gran bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh sage, chopped
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp flax seed, ground
- 6 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp each dried oregano and basil
- In a bowl mix together tofu, soy sauce, mirin and garlic; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Stir in bread crumbs, cheese, sage, oregano, basil and eggs.
- Add water to ground flax seed. Wait 2 minutes and add to mixture.
- Shape heaping tablespoons into tightly packed balls.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over a medium high heat; brown balls on all sides for about ten minutes.
- Serve on their own in your favourite tomato sauce or in a pita pocket with lettuce, tomato and tzaziki.
Calories: 200Fat: 13gCholesterol: 55mgCarbohydrate: 12gProtein: 13gCalcium: 150mg
As per one serving size (6-7 meatballs per 5)