- 30 min prep
- 20 min cook
- 4-6 people
- 1 pkg Sunrise Extra Firm Tofu (350g) sliced lengthwise, cut in half
- VINAIGRETTE INGREDIENTS
- 125 mL (½ cup) truffle oil
- 125 mL (½ cup) soy sauce
- 125 mL (½ cup) ponzu vinegar
- 125 mL (½ cup) yuzu sauce
- 125 mL (½ cup) white miso paste
- SALAD INGREDIENTS
- 500 mL (2 cups) baby kale, washed and dried
- 500 mL (2 cups) baby arugula, washed and dried
- 250 mL (1 cup) assorted wild mushrooms, torn or sliced*
- 5 mL (1 tsp) sesame oil
- 5 mL (1 tsp) canola oil
- 15 mL (1 Tbsp) sesame seed
- 1 scallion, whites only, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 red finger chili, seeded and sliced into thin rounds
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together ponzu and miso paste.
- Add remaining vinaigrette ingredients and continue whisking until well combined.
- Pass vinaigrette through fine sieve to remove any small remaining lumps. Store vinaigrette in an airtight container and refrigerate.
- In a medium-sized skillet, heat sesame and canola oil. Once oils are very hot, carefully add tofu and sear until both sides are golden brown (about 1 minute each side).
- Add mushroom mix to the pan and reduce the heat to medium. Continue to sear mushrooms and tofu until golden brown. Once seared, remove the pan from the heat and add 30 mL (2 Tbsp.) truffle miso vinaigrette, toss well and set aside to plate.
- In a large salad bowl, toss the kale and arugula, forming a nice pile in the centre of the bowl. Spoon tofu and mushrooms over top.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds, scallion rounds, and chili rounds. Serve immediately. *King oyster mushrooms add an interesting and delicious texture if they are available to you.
Calories: 380Fat: 29gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 2608mgCarbohydrate: 18gProtein: 16gCalcium: 14%Iron: 20%
As per one serving size (215g)