Regulatory Affairs & Quality System Manager - Full Time
Since 1956, Sunrise Soya Foods has been trusted by generations to produce healthy and delicious soy products. As Canada’s leading tofu manufacturer, we are dedicated in our commitment to putting Goodness First® behind everything that we do. From our products to our workplace, we adhere to our values of: Customer Focus, Honesty and Integrity, Respect, Teamwork and Corporate Citizenship.
This position is responsible for taking a lead role in guiding all aspects of regulatory affairs in addition to leading the Quality System at Sunrise Soya Foods.
- Development, documentation, implementation and staff training of the company’s Quality System.
- Be an active supporter of continuous improvement and change management that align with the corporate objectives.
- Lead Document Control Program for the company.
- Stay current with regulatory requirements, in particular ones related to food industry in North American framework, keeping the Director of Quality Services abreast of pending regulations in countries we supply.
- Lead and manage all certifications, including but not limited to Organic, Non-GMO Project, Kosher etc. for the company
- Liaising with other departments, customer representatives and government regulators on current policies, procedures and legislative requirements
- Stays abreast of legislative changes by attending trade shows and industry information session as it relates to changes in the regulatory arena.
- Highlight potential regulatory/legal risks to the Director of Quality Services.
- Support the Quality team with relevant documents, procedures, forms, training as required.
- Maintain and improve Change Control Process for the Company
- Strong research capability in a wide range of subjects that may support company’s different business objectives
- Other asks as assigned by Director of Quality Services
- Bachelor’s Degree in Foods Science, or in other related technical or scientific field
- Strong Computer skills: Windows 2000, Word, Excel, Genesis R&D, Power point, Microsoft Office
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal
- Superior ability to build teams and ability to coach and teach others cross-culturally and cross-generationally
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be highly creative and have a passion for food
- Highly resourceful and able to overcome challenges and navigate through ambiguities
- Able to write up experimental design reports, evaluations and results
- Excellent knowledge of the Canadian & USA Food & Drug Regulations, labeling laws and regulations, nutritional regulations and organic requirements
- Excellent knowledge of Food Composition & Food Chemistry
- Experience with nutrient composition & nutrient databases
- Knowledge of health & safety issues including: allergies; genetically modified foods; organics; irradiation; functional foods, herbs & supplements
- Knowledge of HACCP and QA methods in the food industry
- Permanent full time (40 hours / week)
- Work hours flexible
- Some travel required
Please email, mail, or fax your resume/CV to:
Sunrise Soya Foods
Attn: Human Resources Dept.
729 Powell Street
Fax: 604-254 2828
Thank you for your interest in Sunrise! We appreciate your application, however, due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.