Sales Manager West - Permanent Full-Time
Since 1956, Sunrise Soya Foods has been trusted by generations to produce healthy and delicious soy products. As Canada’s leading tofu manufacturer, we are dedicated in our commitment to putting Goodness First® behind everything that we do. From our products to our workplace, we adhere to our values of: Customer Focus, Honesty and Integrity, Respect, Teamwork and Corporate Citizenship.
Our Vancouver location is currently seeking an energetic, self-starter for our Sales Manager West role. This role reports to the V.P. of Sales and will be responsible for executing and achieving the sales, trade spend and profitability targets as outlined in the business plan.
- Develops and builds strong relationships with Western Canada & U.S. West accounts working collaboratively to achieve the annual business plan in line with the brand and corporate strategies.
- Portfolio of accounts include major grocery retailers & independents, warehouse club, natural food and foodservice distributors in Western Canada & U.S. West.
- Manages and works collaboratively with the regional broker teams on key accounts in Western Canada & the U.S. and national accounts in Canada.
- Develops and maintains account promotional calendars each year that are in line with the pricing and promotion strategy directed by the Account/Trade Promotions Manager. Works with and supports the broker teams to effectively execute at store level.
- Executes and follows the annual pricing & promotional strategy to effectively manage promotions that will increase profitable sales & market share.
- Works collaboratively with the Sales Planner and Master Scheduler to ensure baseline and promotional volumes are consistently accurate for production.
- Manages the total spend budget and make recommendations on efficiencies to the broker teams with the goal to improve the company profitability.
- Looks for and pursues opportunities to gain distribution on new and existing products.
- Manages account deductions in a timely manner and as per the company guidelines.
- Leverages internal resources (customer service, trade marketing, promotional analysis, demand planning and claims analysis) to drive success & service our customers.
- Completes annual sales forecasting budget within timelines.
- Prepares and presents annual business plans in line with the Sales & Marketing strategies.
- Assesses and pursues opportunities for development of new business in all channels of trade in Canada and US.
- Establishes effective relationships and communicate with departments internally to provide excellent customer service to our external partners.
- Travel required within Canada and the U.S.
- Minimum 7 to 10 years key account management experience in the Canadian consumer-packaged goods industry (preferably in the fresh food category and US experience)
- College or university education, preferably majoring in Business.
- Strong knowledge of Category Management.
- Good track record in managing sales broker teams.
- Strong leadership, consensus and team building skills.
- Highly energetic, agile, well organized and detail oriented, with proven ability to manage multiply priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong self- management, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Strategic thinker for long range planning
- Financially oriented with experience managing trade spend.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills; a strong negotiator.
- Professional; strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Intermediate knowledge in MS applications (Excel, PowerPoint & Word).
- Possesses valid British Columbia Driver’s License and own car.
Please email, mail, or fax your resume/CV to:
Sunrise Soya Foods
Attn: Human Resources Dept.
729 Powell Street, Vancouver, BC, V6A 1H5
Fax: 604-254 2828
Thank you for your interest in Sunrise! We appreciate your application, however, due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.