East Sales Manager – Full Time
Since 1956, Sunrise Soya Foods has been trusted by generations to produce healthy and delicious soy products. As Canada’s leading tofu manufacturer, we are dedicated in our commitment to putting Goodness First® behind everything that we do. From our products to our workplace, we adhere to our values of: Customer Focus, Honesty and Integrity, Respect, Teamwork and Corporate Citizenship.
Reporting to the V.P. of Sales, the East Sales Manager is an energetic, self-starter who is responsible for executing and achieving the sales, trade spend and profitability targets with existing and new accounts within specified territories as outlined in the annual business plan.
- Develop and collaborate to build strong relationships with regional accounts, broker and distributor partners and to achieve the annual business plan in line with the corporate and brand objectives.
- Portfolio of accounts include major grocery retailers, foodservice and health retailers/distributors in Eastern Canada.
- Execute the annual corporate business plan and achieve sales budgets in collaboration with the retailer growth targets.
- Develop new accounts and distribution in major grocery, health, independent and foodservice channels in Eastern Canada and US.
- Prepare and manage weekly, monthly and annual sales forecasts that align with corporate goals.
- Pursue opportunities to gain distribution on new and existing products and communicate competitor activity.
- Work internally with stakeholders to develop account specific plans that maximize sales, profit, merchandising, distribution and market share.
- Implement sales promotions that maximize both volume and brand growth while building brand equity.
- Manage trade spend budget that is in line with the annual pricing & promotion strategy.
- Leverage internal resources (customer service, total spend, promotional analysis, demand planning and claims analysis) to drive success & service our customers.
- Utilize and analyze market and account specific data to develop strong fact-based selling presentations.
- Represent Sunrise Soya Foods at annual tradeshows, conferences, company events and customer meetings
- Any other ad-hoc projects as assigned by VP Sales
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATION
- Minimum 7 to 10 years key account management experience in the consumer-packaged goods industry (preferably in the fresh food category)
- College or university education, preferably majoring in Business.
- Knowledge of the Canadian grocery industry.
- Strong understanding of Category Management and execution with Broker Management
- Good track record in managing sales broker teams.
- Strong leadership, consensus and team building skills.
- Financially oriented with experience managing trade spend.
- Strong verbal and written English language skills. French language an asset.
- Excellent oral and written communication & presentation skills; a strong negotiator.
- Strategic thinker with solid analytical and execution skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills built on a team-focused approach
- Computer skills: Highly Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work with a high degree of discretion and tact in handling confidential matters
- Have a valid driver’s license and own a car.
- Can work remotely from Quebec or in the Toronto Office
- Permanent full-time position (40 hours per week) requiring additional hours, if necessary, to achieve corporate objectives.
- Work is performed in an office environment with market visits as required.
- Travel required within Canada and the U.S.
Please email your resume/CV to:
Sunrise Soya Foods Inc.
Paul McIlwaine, Human Resources Manager
21 Medulla Ave Toronto, Ontario M8Z 5L6
Thank you for your interest in Sunrise! We appreciate your application, however, due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.