Since 1956, Sunrise Soya Foods has been trusted by generations to produce healthy and delicious soy products. As Canada’s leading tofu manufacturer, we are dedicated in our commitment to putting Goodness First® behind everything that we do. From our products to our workplace, we adhere to our values of: Customer Focus, Honesty and Integrity, Respect, Teamwork and Corporate Citizenship.
Our business has grown and we have an immediate opening for a Senior Accountant. Reporting to the Controller, this role will involve full-cycle accounting for three factories and significant involvement with month, quarter, and year-end closings. This role will also participate in the migration of the ERP software from Microsoft Dynamics NAV to Microsoft Dynamics 356 Business Central.
- Prepare journal entries
- Prepare and review GL account reconciliations
- Document key business processes
- Maintain and develop the fixed asset sub-ledger and continuity schedules
- Ensure inventory costing and valuation is accurate
- Investigate significant manufacturing and purchase price variances
- Liaise with external auditors and assist with completion of the annual audit
- Perform accounting for property holding companies
- Review and remittance of government taxes
- Administration, reporting and filing of ecology taxes
- Completion of government surveys
- Work closely with the Controller and Financial Analyst to develop the budget and investigate variances and unusual items
- Provide coverage for the Intermediate Accountant
We are looking for candidates with a can-do attitude and a team-player mentality. Candidates must have formal accounting training, with excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Post-secondary education related to accounting & finance is required
- Recently qualified to five years of post-CPA designation experience
- Strong background applying GAAP
- Ability to multitask, proactively solve problems and prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Proficiency using Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Experience using Dynamics 365 Business Central ERP software is an asset
This this position will be located at the company’s 7808 Beedie Way location in Delta, BC.
Please email your resume and cover letter to:
Sunrise Soya Foods
Attn: Human Resources Dept.
729 Powell Street
Fax: 604-254 2828
We thank all applicants for applying however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-Time