Shipper and Receiver - Full Time
Since 1956, Sunrise Soya Foods has been trusted by generations to produce healthy and delicious soy products. As Canada’s leading tofu manufacturer, we are dedicated in our commitment to putting Goodness First® behind everything that we do. From our products to our workplace, we adhere to our values of: Customer Focus, Honesty and Integrity, Respect, Teamwork and Corporate Citizenship.
The Shipper/Receiver is responsible for ensuring that customer orders are picked accurately and safely loaded onto trucks as scheduled. The incumbent is responsible to receive raw materials, components, finished goods, maintenance supplies as required and utilize WMS for all receiving activities in addition to supporting the production lines as needed.
- Picks orders for shipping as needed
- Packages orders for shipping per company standards
- Provides prompt and courteous customer service to all customers/carriers
- Operates warehouse material handling equipment in a safe manner
- Assists in maintaining a clean and organized warehouse
- Compiles and adheres to HACCP, SQF and GMP standards, requirements and practices (training provided)
- Reports observations of any deviation from policy/procedure or damages
- Works in a professional and cooperative manner
- Other functions as required
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Completed High school or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year’s warehouse and Forklift/Reach Truck driving experience
- Certified forklift operator - Counterbalance forklift and Reach truck certified
- Excellent customer service skills
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs
- Motivated & self starter
- Able to work independently and in a team environment
- Good communication skills – both verbally and in writing
- Good mathematics skills
- Works in the warehouse, including cooler environment and also outdoor conditions depending upon tasks as required
- Permanent, full time position (40 hours per week)
- 8-hour work day, starting and finishing times as well as days of the week to be determined by the Warehouse Supervisor
Please email, mail, or fax your resume/CV to:
Sunrise Soya Foods
Attn: Human Resources Dept.
729 Powell Street
Thank you for your interest in Sunrise! We appreciate your application, however, due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.