Shipper / Receiver - NEW Facility – Full Time
Since 1956, Sunrise Soya Foods has been trusted by generations to produce healthy and delicious soy products. As Canada’s leading tofu manufacturer, we are dedicated in our commitment to putting Goodness First® behind everything that we do. From our products to our workplace, we adhere to our values of: Customer Focus, Honesty and Integrity, Respect, Teamwork and Corporate Citizenship.
The Shipper/Receiver is responsible for ensuring that customer orders are picked accurately and safely loaded onto trucks as scheduled. The incumbent is also responsible to receive raw materials, components, finished goods, maintenance supplies as required and utilize WMS for all receiving activities in addition to supporting the production lines as needed.
OUR CORE BEHAVIORS
- We have two primary questions ahead of all our actions: Will this impact safety; will this impact our Tofu?
- Team first: Production & maintenance teams are driven by the same objective. We don’t point fingers we just solve issues.
- The entire team get their hands dirty… very dirty, titles don’t matter. Don’t worry, we will wash our hands.
- We recognize the opportunity our new plant has presented us and we continually strive to be the best
- We develop flexibility and agility: You are not afraid to cross boundaries and will cover production roles when required.
- We embrace modernization: We are as comfortable on the computer as we are pulling tools. We enjoy learning and executing best practices and techniques.
- We live by data, standard practices and routines, and measure to prioritize our actions
- We are not afraid to hold ourselves accountable: We are self-starters, who continually ask ourselves “What could I do to be better?"
- Ensures all customer orders are picked accurately and timely in order to meet scheduled delivery times
- Ensures all orders are stable, properly labeled and shrink-wrapped in addition to any other customer requirements to prevent damages during transit
- Provides prompt and courteous customer service to all customers/carriers
- Assists the Warehouse Supervisor and plant employees in other warehouse functions as required, including: production & vendor receiving, verifying outgoing/completed shipments, generating shipping documents, transferring of raw materials and components from the warehouse to production and use of the Navision system (WMS)
- Operates warehouse material handling equipment in a safe manner
- Ensures HACCP requirements and SOP’s are followed at all times to ensure food safety
- Assists in maintaining a clean and organized warehouse
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Warehouse Supervisor
- Compiles and adheres to HACCP, SQF and GMP standards, requirements and practices
- Reports observations of any deviation to the process/procedure or a defect or
- Non-conformance to the product which may result in a situation requiring food safety
- Assesses and reports any damage or deviation to warehouse equipment and property
- Works in a professional and cooperative manner with all departments of the plant to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of all plant processes and procedures
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Completed High school or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year’s warehouse and Forklift driving experience
- Certified forklift operator - Counterbalance forklift and Reach truck certified
- Excellent customer service skills
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs
- Motivated & self starter
- Able to work independently and in a team environment
- Good communication skills – both verbally and in writing
- Good mathematics skills
- Works in the warehouse, including cooler environment and also outdoor conditions depending upon tasks as required
- Permanent, full time position (40 hours per week)
- 8-hour work day, starting and finishing times as well as days of the week to be determined by the Warehouse Supervisor
Please email, mail, or fax your resume/CV to:
Sunrise Soya Foods
Attn: Human Resources Dept.
729 Powell Street
Fax: 604-254 2828
We thank all applicants for applying however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.