SQF Practitioner - Full Time
Since 1956, Sunrise Soya Foods has been trusted by generations to produce healthy and delicious soy products. As Canada’s leading tofu manufacturer, we are dedicated in our commitment to putting Goodness First® behind everything that we do. From our products to our workplace, we adhere to our values of: Customer Focus, Honesty and Integrity, Respect, Teamwork and Corporate Citizenship.
The SQF Practitioner shall lead the development and implementation of Food Safety Fundamentals and the Food Safety Plan in accordance to the SQF system. This role will oversee development, implementation, review and maintenance of the SQF 2000 system including taking appropriate action to maintain the integrity of the SQF 2000 system and be responsible for effective communication of the SQF system to all employees.
- Responsible for the designing, documentation, implementation and maintenance of the safety processes and procedures in accordance to SQF Food Safety Management System including HACCP, GMP compliance and other quality related programs.
- Monitors and reports on key food safety measures throughout the plant.
- Ensures the established SQF system is cascaded to all employees.
- Ensures compliance to SQF’s standards, food safety and quality requirements to meet audit standards and regulatory compliance.
- Promotes hazard identification and make recommendations for corrective actions.
- Delivers loss preventive initiatives, policies and educational training programs which proactively address people and food safety.
- Schedules monthly/quarterly/yearly Management Review to update, review and communicate changes efficiently.
- Acts as the key contact to all quality related issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned by QA Manager.
- Degree in Food Science, Microbiology, Nutrition or a related discipline of study
- Have completed HACCP training
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in food safety
- Experience in auditing and Safety Quality Food (SQF) requirements
- Experience in managing and leading a team on implementation and maintenance of SQF requirements
- Experienced in effectively implementing and maintaining HACCP based Food Safety Plans
- Excellent written and verbal English
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, interpersonal and communication skills
- Possesses strong leadership skills
- Knowledgeable on all sections and processes of SQF
- Work is mainly performed in an office environment and some work is performed on the production floor or QA lab
- Permanent Full-Time (40 hours per week) position.
- Regular work hours are Mondays to Fridays 8:30am to 5:00pm (half hour lunch).
- Some evening/night/weekend work required
Please email, mail, or fax your resume/CV to:
Fax: (416) 233 – 3995
Thank you for your interest in Sunrise! We appreciate your application, however, due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.