Truck Driver - NEW Facility – Full Time
Since 1956, Sunrise Soya Foods has been trusted by generations to produce healthy and delicious soy products. As Canada’s leading tofu manufacturer, we are dedicated in our commitment to putting Goodness First® behind everything that we do. From our products to our workplace, we adhere to our values of: Customer Focus, Honesty and Integrity, Respect, Teamwork and Corporate Citizenship.
Our Delta location is currently seeking a Delivery Driver to join our growing Western team.
The Driver is responsible for ensuring daily product deliveries to local restaurants, retail-stores, wholesale distributors and major grocery chain customers are done accurately, timely and in a safe and efficient manner. The incumbent is also responsible for ensuring daily vehicle checks are carried out according to the checklist provided.
- Receives products from warehouse and verifies correct quantity before loading onto truck.
- Ensures products are properly loaded onto trucks.
- Plans and ensures timely deliveries according to daily routing.
- Ensures customer orders are picked accurately and delivered on time.
- Provides courteous customer service.
- Ensures customers acknowledge receipt of products by signing off properly.
- Ensures monies for all COD accounts are collected and accounted for.
- Ensures all pickups for product returns/pails and baskets are recorded and reflected accurately on delivery notes.
- Ensures proper handover of all delivery notes and COD monies collected to Customer Service Department.
- Operates company vehicle in a safe manner and accordance to the motor vehicle safety regulations.
- Ensures truck is cleaned at the end of shift according to HACCP checklist.
- Complies and adheres to OHS, HACCP, SQF, SOP and GMP standards, requirements and practices.
- Reports any discrepancies while operating vehicle, during pre-trip inspection & other circumstances where operating safety and/or public safety is a concern.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Warehouse Supervisor.
- 100% outdoor conditions.
- Full time position (40 hours per week).
- Able to work on weekends.
- Completed High school or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year’s driving experience.
- Minimum Class 3 Driver License (BC).
- Able to lift up to 55 lbs.
- Motivated & self-starter.
- Able to work independently.
- Excellent customer service skills.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Training and development
- Opportunities for growth
- Annual incentive plan
- Medical/dental benefits upon completion of probation
Please email, mail, or fax your resume/CV to:
Sunrise Soya Foods
Attn: Human Resources Dept.
729 Powell Street
Fax: 604-254 2828
We thank all applicants for applying however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.